Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To the doctor's

Today daddy and mummy brought me to the doctor because yesterday my left middle finger looked like ET's finger. Red at the side with something which looked like a blister. Though today it didn't look like ET's finger anymore, daddy and mummy still brought me there to make sure that I am ok.

Before I saw the doctor aunty, the nurse aunty weighed me and right now, I am 5.49kg. Mummy says that I am heavier than a packet of rice already. hehe. So what is the diagnosis of my ET finger? Nails growing and poking into my skin. Think mummy cut too much for me the other time that's why. Come to think of it, she hasn't cut my nails for some time also. But anyway, the doctor aunty gave me one tube of antiseptic for me to apply. Then suddenly the doctor aunty gave me something sweet to drink. Mummy said it is the oral vaccine to protect me from the Rotavirus (something which will cause vomitting and diarrhoea). And for my reward, the nurse aunty gave me this.

But I think its bigger on one side and smaller on the other. What more, I have already outgrown mittens so maybe mummy will give it to someone else who may be in need of mittens. Before leaving the office of the doctor aunty, mummy asked if she's feeding me correctly (4 feeds a day, 180ml/feed). Answer is WRONG! haha. Now daddy and mummy have to feed me 150ml/feed and at least 5 times a day.

Doctor aunty also said that I am showing signs of teething. My teeth are coming out soon and she said that I am faster than normal. Thigns that I do tend to be ahead of my peers. Not sure why. But anyway, good to be a growing girl.

Finally, the nurses in the clinic gave me these. Flashcards!!!

Something which mummy wanted to look for and buy for me. And now, its given to me free!! Yeah! Total mummy spent today: $115 (cream and rotavirus vaccine). Next time I will visit the doctor aunty again when I am 4 months old to take somemore injections.

No comments: