Sunday, April 5, 2009

The sun, the sand and the sea

5 April
Today, its planned that we are going to see dolphins. So after the milk and wash up and everything, we headed to the Dolphin Discovery Center. Daddy had a voucher which allows half price on the tickets. So in total, for two adults, A$8.





One thing though, its not confirmed that we will be able to see the dolphins as they are wild dolphins and there isn't a fixed time that they come. So in the end, just as you would have guessed, there weren't any dolphins that came in that day. And daddy realised that we needn't pay the entry fee at all too if we were smart enough cos the beach and the dolphin interaction area is open to public. So the fee was more to just go into the interpretive center to understand more about dolphins which we didn't do much of it.



In the end, I just enjoyed the sand and the water. It was my first time having my feet covered with sand and first time encountering sea water on my feet. I like.





After playing, the dolphins still didn't come and so daddy and mummy decided to forget about the dolphins and just go for see stuff that are around Bunbury. We went to the Bunbury Lighthouse and Marlston Hill Rotary Lookout Tower.

Bunbury Lighthouse
At the end of the beach is the Bunbury Lighthouse with the checkered lighthouse which dates from 1959 on top of the more recent section which was built in 1971. Look carefully and you can see a join about 10 m from the ground. The original lighthouse has been attached to the present one. The light is now 25 m above the ground and can be seen 27 km out to sea.




Marlston Hill Rotary Lookout Tower
Further along the headland is the Marlston Hill Rotary Lookout Tower, a Bicentennial project, which offers an excellent view of Bunbury harbour and the breakwater.






Before lunch, we visited Taffys. Mummy bought a packet of candies made from salt water. For lunch, I had my first adult meal, FISH & CHIPS. Daddy (#5) and mummy had theirs too.


I didn't eat much so mummy let me go hungry which I wasn't at all. :p After lunch, I slept and just as daddy and mummy was deciding what to do, they started driving to Donnybrook while I was asleep to visit a orchard.


When I was awake, I found myself in Donnybrook, the place where Granny Smith apples originated from.


We went to The Old Goldfields Orchard & Cider Factory to see some apples, plums and pears growing from the trees.



After the orchard, we headed back to the motel and Mummy decided to cook. We headed to the supermarket and bought some ingredients and a packet of instant rice (which mummy says it doesn't break down no matter how long you boil it) and we had "home cooked" food that night.

After dinner, daddy brought me for a swim in the bathtub. It was so fun!!! I like.





No comments: