Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Go Wild!!

7 April
Its a hot and sunny day. Its my 2nd last day in Australia. Today, it is dedicated to the wildlife in Perth. We're going to Caversham Wildlife Park. Though daddy had a hard time finding the place (all thanks to the woman that's in a box with a map aka GPS) we managed to reach there just in time to catch Harry the Wombat and some of his friends who only made appearances at 11am and 3pm. We met them at 11am.



After seeing Harry and taking pictures, we headed off to see the animals at Molly's Farm. No we didn't see the farm show as we have already seen it at Yallingup Shearing Shed, except for the cow milking part. Mummy just carried me around to see some of the farm animals which looks exactly like the Farm Book that I have been reading.



The next animal I saw was the camel. It looks daddy. Once it got so close to daddy and thought daddy was something edible. Maybe because of the color of the shirt daddy was wearing. And I also saw Kiki Koala's friend (aka another koala stuff toy).



They have a walk-in kangaroo area and that was where I went to next. So many kangaroos. Daddy taught me how the kangaroo jump jump. :p



Mummy gave me lunch at the park rest area and seeing all the other korkor and jiejie eating, it inspired me to eat too. At least I didn't make mummy angry and finished my food.



After lunch, we went to hunt so see the real Koala. I remember mummy promising me that she will show me a real koala when I got my Kiki Koala from Aunty Jiejie J. But before I got to see them, I saw the Tasmanian Devil. Ugly looking animal. I don't like.



Finally I got to see the real Koala but they were all sleeping and they seem really tired. Maybe its the weather. The aunty that looks after them says that they have really low metabolic rate and thus they don't like to move too much. But they look so cute and cuddly. Not like my limp and scrawny Kiki Koala. And I found out too that they are not PINK in color.



Daddy went to return the car seat and the car and we were left car-less. Thank God for strollers, I didn't have to walk under the hot sun for about 15mins to reach the nearest train station after returning the car. And I could even sleep when daddy and mummy walked. :)



Meltham station was the place we boarded the train, it was daddy's first train ride in Perth too and just as the train was arriving at Perth City station, I woke up. Mummy suggested we go to Subiaco to have a walk and ended up walking in Woolworth supermarket. Mummy got MANY food for me to be brought home.



Had my first taste of Pediasure milk (as my normal milk is running out). After that, we took the train back to City West and walked back to our apartment. Along the way, we walked pass a park. Mummy decided that I should feel how grass feels like and this is what happens.



Met aunty C and uncle T for dinner. We went to a chinese restaurant (not the one I went to yesterday) at Northbridge. I didn't want to eat my dinner and snacked on my biscuits and some of the white rice on daddy and mummy's plate.



I'm going home tomorrow. :(

No comments: