Saturday, February 28, 2009

Letter from Mummy #4

Dear Netanya

Looking back this one year, we have gone through laughter, cries, anger, and mostly joy in seeing you grow up. Looking back at one year, there could have been times when mummy could have been more patient with you. Looking back one year, there could have been so many more things you could have done. Looking back one year, there could be times when you wouldn't have fallen sick. Looking back one year, the thought of you coming out from mummy's womb is just indescribable. How God has formed you and molded you to who you are, using you to teach daddy and me the various things in our lives as well as knowing how the Father heart feels each time disobedience is from the child. Truely you have been a blessing and a gift from God. This mummy has to constantly remind myself.

Mummy realised that this blog wasn't created right from the beginning and there are things missing from birth till you were about 2 months. I'm including the experience of how I delivered you to serve as a reminder of the goodness of God as well as how you came out for your first cries.

May you continue to grow strong and healthy.

27th Feb (2208hrs)
Felt abit of pain around my tummy. Seems like some muscle cramps. Its not the first time as it happened before on the 26th Feb with some regular interval but didn't last long. So thought was another false alarm. Decided to just monitor and watch TV. Noted down the timing on my table.

2300hrs
Pain is at 7 mins interval and each lasting about 40-60seconds. Decided to call up my gynae to see what I should do. Gynae called back and told me that if pain gets worse, to just go to the hospital. Decided to watch TV first and then decide later since its close to midnight and it would be more worth it to go in after midnight.

28th Feb 0130hrs
Pain was still there and seems that it has gotten abit more painful. Decided to go into the hospital. Got changed, folded the clothes that was left in the baby's room, took the necessary stuff and to the hospital we went having the thought of what if we get chased home due to false alarm.

0200hrs
Registered at the A&E, brought up to delivery ward, told to strip down and change to gown without any undergarments (felt so weird). Nurse came to ask many questions, hook on to CTG machine (felt like a prisoner), took BP, did a VE -_-''' and guess what! I was still 1cm dilated!! haha. That was like 2 weeks ago 1cm, 2 weeks later still 1cm..:p Tried to get some sleep and watched tv but still there was still that regular pain. So had to try not to think about it but seems that the pain was getting more painful.

0445hrs
Felt like a kick in the tummy, thought was my girl kicking again but then heard a slight pop and felt something coming out from below. Thought was my pee (cos was abit high tide and wasn't allowed to go to toilet to pee cos of the CTG) but seems like cannot control so i knew was the waterbag that broke. Called the nurse, she came in and check, indeed was water bag. Told her want to pee and she shoved a bedpan below my buttock. Took me forever to pee. NEver liked the bed pan.

0530hrs
Gynae had to deliver someone from next room and after her delivery, she came in to check. Another VE -_-''' and still 2cm. Seems that its a confirmation that the 1cm 1hour dilated is not medically proven..:p

0600hrs
Nurses change shift and realised that they didn't prepare the gas for me to standby. Pain was abit more intense and needed to pee but didn't want to do the pan. Thank God the other shift nurse was kinder. Managed to get off the CTG to go to the toilet to pee.

0730hrs
Gynae came to do morning rounds. Did the VE again -_-'''. Dilated 3cm. She did a stretch (GOSH!~) to make it 4cm. Asked me if I wanted the labour to be fast or slow. I told her please let me get over and done with. Went ahead to do the drip to make the contractions come in faster and mentioned that by 12pm or 1pm, the baby would be out and more painful contractions could be felt in half an hours time.

0830hrs
Nurse came in and ask if I could bear the pain. I told her still bearable and she increased the dosage of the drip. Almost immediately, the pain was quite bad.

0900-0930hrs
Pain increased tremendously. Was in a state of high due to the gas already and almost giving in to pethidine.1000hrsPain was bad. Decided to ask the nurse for the injection. She did another VE -_-'''. Dilation is only 5cm and mentioned that there's approximately 2 more hours to go. I was like give me the drug!!! The pain was such that when there's pain I didn't feel any pain. When there isn't a contraction, I felt pain. Maybe was the gas.

1030hrs
I was in lala land. Not knowing exactly what was going on. Only remembering a nurse asking me if there was a wanting to pass motion feeling and I told her yes. Think the nurse did another VE but this time I didn't feel anything. Reason being, I was ready to deliver. They called my gynae.

1040 hrs
Gynae arrived. Heard her saying something like why you so fast. haha

1048hrs
Hearing people around me (the nurses and my gynae) shouting push push push. Ok and in one big push, baby Netanya Teo was delivered.That's how she came. Fast and furious.

No comments: