Friday, November 28, 2008

Letter from Mummy

Dear Baby
Its been 9 months. I still remember last year during this time, we were still anticipating your arrival and you were still contorting within. Putting you at my chest now, you seem to be as tall as my torso measures. How fast you have grown and I am just amazed at the speed you are growing.

At times, I wish you would stay put at where you are and stop growing so quickly but at the same time, I wish you would grow up quickly so you could enjoy the fullness of your life. However, I believe God has His own timing in your life and all that you are going through, your milestones are all in His time.

Although you still do not like to eat sometimes and seem to be quite picky on the type of food that you eat, I'm still glad that you are growing well. Though not in the 75th or 90th percentile, as long as you are not underweight and gowing well, its alright. As long as when you reach 1, you will be able to wean off abit of your milk, it would be fine. You seem to be like a non-Chinese baby whereby you prefer cereals and jar food to porridge. Maybe you are like Mummy, self claimed "ang moh lang". Or maybe because both Daddy and Mummy do not like to eat porridge that's why you have the same reaction to it. I just hope that what I am giving you is enough for your growth nutritionally.

My prayer for you as you turn 9 months, that you would grow healthy, continue to explore the things around you as much as possible and realise what you are able to do as a human being. Most importantly that you will one day come to know who Jesus is. Stay cheerful and beautiful my baby. :)

Love,
Mummy

No comments: