Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Journey of the Mouse in the Ox year

Its my first time celebrating the chinese new year. Last year, I was still in my mummy's tummy when all these festivities were going on. After 3 days of celebration, I'm tired but have become richer ;). I heard there's a total of 15 days to this time and its only past 3 days.

初一
The day started off with daddy and mummy dressing me up nicely and we headed off to grandma's for my morning nap. After my lunch, the tedious day started. Total of 4 homes, ending off at my Porpor's. Mummy was so proud of me that I managed to eat all the food that she prepared and even though I was a little lack in naps. I was a well behaved girl.

初二
A more toned down day today but an interesting one. Daddy bought us a family outfit. The Little Miss and Mr Men t-shirts. Daddy had Mr Cool, Mummy had Little Miss Greedy, I had Little Miss Chatterbox.

Went off to granduncle's place, returned home for my nap and went to grandma's again.

初三
The most fun day of the three. Did many things and went to Botanic Gardens for the first time.

We went to meet Mummy's family, aka my porpor, kongkong, uncle and aunty, korkor Caleb, my greatgrandma at a hotel named Shangarila for lunch buffet. So much food there but I could only eat the bread sticks and bread. They had a fountain made of chocolate and a swimming pool that has a fountain.


After lunch, we headed to Botanic Gardens. Fell asleep on my way there and mummy said that I missed all the birds and fish when we arrived. Sigh. Caleb Korkor played his ball there while I sat in my pram happily.



End of the day, it was at Porpor's and we had Lou Hei. Not my first (the first was a couple of days before the new year) and I had a chance to toss using the chopsticks. :)

After these three days, I am dead beat. Time to zzzzzzzz.

No comments: